Key events — 2019
- MKB placed its debut euro-nominated EUR 500 mln 5.15% 5-year senior Eurobond.
- MKB launched a new product for corporate customers — “Automatic Overnight”.
- MKB became a partner of the Russian Franchise Association.
- MKB was topped the list of Russian banks in the Forbes ‘World’s Best Banks 2019’ ranking.
- MKB successfully placed a USD 500 mln 7.121% 5.25-year senior Eurobond.
- MKB signed an up to USD 500 mln syndicated loan facility with 12 major lenders from Europe, the USA, the Middle East and Asia.
- Expert RA upgraded MKB’s credit rating to “ruA”, stable outlook.
- MKB became the sole privately-owned Russian bank on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world’s largest public companies.
- Fitch Ratings upgraded MKB’s rating to BB, stable outlook.
- MKB paid out its first dividends to shareholders: the total dividend payout was RUB 2,979 million.
- MKB was listed by The Banker among the Top 1000 World Banks 2019 by first tier capital, ranking 7th domestically and 11th in the Central and Eastern Europe.
- MKB joined FinTeсh Association (AFT).
- MKB presented its first 2018 Sustainability Report based on GRI standards.
- MKB implemented a new electronic real-time FX trading platform.
- MKB was ranked by Forbes among Russia’s 200 largest privately-owned companies as the 2nd largest financial sector player.
- Euromoney’s Cash Management Survey — 2019 placed MKB first in the Best Service category.
- MKB was the first Russian bank to receive an ESG ESG — Environmental, Social, Governance rating: Rating-Agentur Expert RA GmbH assigned it a ВВВ ESG rating.
- Fulfilling its comprehensive strategy to develop corporate social and environmental responsibility programmes, MKB became a partner of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), and signed a partnership agreement with Moscow Zoo.
- MKB’s Mudrost (Wisdom) card won the Frank Banking Award 2019 as the best bank card for pensioners.
- MKB launched a new product for legal entities and sole proprietors — loans secured upon commercial property.
- MKB’s EUR 500 mln 5-year 5.15% Senior Eurobond was named the ‘Most Innovative Bond Deal’ by the British magazine International Finance.
- MKB placed 2.75 bln shares in an SPO totalling RUB 14.7 bln to improve its capital structure and quality.
- MKB bought back USD 150 mln in the aggregate principal amount of its subordinated Eurobond issues (CBOM27 and CBOMperp), of which, after a partial redemption, USD 440 mln and USD 540 mln remain outstanding, respectively.
- MKB obtained the Chinese national scale credit rating of АА+ from China Lianhe Credit Rating Co.
- MKB connected to the interbank blockchain network IIN.
- The new MKB Online mobile banking app won a Runet Prize award in the Mobile Application of the Year nomination.
- WWF’s study has placed MKB among the leading banks in sustainable development in terms of website disclosure.
- MKB signed an up to CNY 2 bln syndicated loan, becoming the first privately-owned Russian bank to receive funding from Chinese financial institutions.
- MKB was ranked by Cbonds among the top 5 domestic bond arrangers in 2019: more than 80 deals aggregating around RUB 900 bln in principal amount.